Monday, May 12, 2008

If you see a faded sign...


Remember the B-52s song? Love Shack! Love that song...well this is not the Love Shack, baby, but it is the Snack Shack!I made the counter this weekend. Popsicle sticks for the front. Microwave, toaster, "lemonade" dispenser, cash register....we are in business!

I just realized the final date for submitting my entry into the contest is May 26 so I got cracking this weekend. With the nice weather I have been digging in my vegetable garden and planting peas and beets. Around here Patriot's Day, April 19, is considered the best date to plant your peas if you want peas for the 4th of July. My veggie patch is in a low spot so it has been too wet until this weekend. Delicious snap peas, I can hear them growing already. Also, beets, yummy beet greens with rice vinegar. Potatoes were planted when the dandelions started to bloom a couple of weeks ago. I am growing those near the house where I had a little pond for a few years. Pond is gone, but the soil I filled it in with is loose and should be lovely for the potatoes. Since it is close to the back door I should also be able to spend some quality time picking off the potato bugs.

No comments: